21+ Night: Stranger Science
Sep 13, 2019 - Sep 13, 2019 | 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Carnegie Science Center
One Allegheny Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Carnegie Science Center is turning upside-down at 21+ Night: Stranger Science. We’re keeping the curiosity doors unlocked as we implode, blow up, and shock the night away with a series of demonstrations that explore paranormal and supernatural science.
Your 21+ Night ticket includes:
- Sample the best treat in Starcourt Mall, Eggo syrup-flavored ice cream flash-frozen in liquid nitrogen
- Lip Sync Battle: Choose from your favorite 1980s tunes! (Sign up available on-site. Limited spaces available.)
- Explore the nighttime sky in Hawkins, Indiana, under a full-dome experience in Buhl Planetarium
- Learn how to make your own DNA extraction kit from household chemicals
- “Suzie, do you copy?” Relive the start of the epic first episode of Season 3 as you translate and decode the Russian broadcast picked up on a Cerebro radio. Crawl into the air ducts of Starcourt to unlock the secret elevator!
- Party like it’s 1983 with DJ Solo Dolo in the Robot Lounge! Jam out to a Soul Train line at 9:30 pm
- Discover the algorithms to solve any Rubik’s Cube
- Season 2 started in 1984 – the same year the Apple Macintosh debuted. Check out your favorite tech fruit!
- Join us as we power up the Cerebro and make contact with some of the very real science behind the science-fiction of Stranger Things
- Grab ahold of a bouncing carbon dioxide bubble from our colder-than-ice bubble bath
- The Strange Science of Stranger Things:
- For an added fee, experience the ‘80s tunes and soundscapes from the show reinterpreted in vibrant laser light at Laser Stranger Things
Plus, get access to cash bars and exploration to all four floors of exhibits. 1980s or Stranger Things attire encouraged!