Living in Downtown Pittsburgh means living in the center of it all: world-class theaters, nationally-recognized dining destinations, historic architecture, professional sports teams, beautiful parks, and the energy of urban living are all right on your doorstep.
Downtown is the most exciting neighborhood in one of the most dynamic cities in the country. In the past ten years, over $1.9 billion has been invested in improving the neighborhood and more than 3,750 new residents have moved in. Young professionals, empty nesters, families, and more are making their new home in Downtown Pittsburgh.
Why are more and more Pittsburghers moving into Downtown?
- For the convenience of walking to work, to shopping, and to so much more. Downtown Pittsburgh is the most walkable neighborhood in the city.
- To live in the center of Pittsburgh’s Cultural District, a nationally-recognized destination for the arts home to everything from Broadway-class theaters to free art galleries showcasing local, national, and international artists.
- To enjoy easy access to Pittsburgh’s championship sports teams. Your neighbors could be the Steelers, the Pirates, the Penguins, or the Riverhounds in an apartment that’s a 10-minute walk to Heinz Field, PNC Park, PPG Paints Arena, and Highmark Stadium.
- Hundreds of cultural, shopping, and art events every month.
- And so much more.
- Golden Triangle: 5,270
- Greater Downtown (Golden Triangle, North Shore, South Shore, Strip District, and Uptown): 15,860
- 40% of residents are millennials (22 – 37 years old)
- 22% of Downtown residents own a dog
Retail & restaurants
Parks & outdoors