Join Center for Media Innovation, Soul Pitt Media, and StoryburghLive! community storytelling event as we share and discuss mental health challenges and work toward overcoming stigmas that are often personal deterrents for treatment.
Stories of people with lived experiences and of mental health practitioners will be shared live and via video Facebook Live @PointParkCMI, followed by a discussion and question-and-answer session moderated by Dr. Autumn Redcross of Abolitionist Law Center. The interactive event features mental health professionals who will be on hand to answer questions from both the in-person and virtual audiences.
Tentative line-up (alphabetical order):
- Chelsea Chase, PsyD: a full-time therapist at Duquesne University, adjunct professor of Psychology at Point Park University, and mental health advocate.J- DeAuntae Clark:
- Kay Bey of Grind City Media:
- Mary Beth Spang: PsyD student at Carlow University, former mental health therapist, mental health editor at Storyburgh
- Miracle Jones: a community organizer and activist who works in the Pittsburgh area to advocate for equity along the intersections of gender, race, and class.
- Prof. Robert McInerney: a professor of psychology at Point Park University, founder of Mobile Thriving Respite
- Sherris Richards
Please also come to learn about programs, supports, and resources available to enhance overall mental health wellbeing.