Arts + Culture,
Dec 26, 2018 - Dec 28, 2018 | 11:00 am - 7:00 am
Heinz Hall Courtyard
600 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
A new Downtown tradition in partnership with Fred Rogers Productions, Pittsburgh’s First Family of Children’s Programming
It’s always a beautiful day in the Downtown neighborhood, but this holiday season is about to get a whole lot more neighborly! To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership is expanding its Holiday KidsPlay program to offer free fun, educational, and hands-on activities in collaboration with Fred Rogers Productions and community partners.
Intended to reflect Fred Rogers’ philosophy of generosity and kindness as an essential part of the holiday spirit, Holiday KidsPlay is a free program and will take place every Saturday and Sunday during the holiday season.
Hours and location:
Heinz Hall Courtyard | 600 Penn Avenue
Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
November 17 + 18
November 23 (Black Friday)
November 24 + 25
December 1 + 2; 8 + 9; 15 + 16; 22 + 23
CLOSED: December 24 + 25
Open daily from December 26 – 31
Space is limited and subject to first come, first served availability. In particularly busy times, visitors may be asked to sign up for upcoming time slots.
Free kid’s meal at Moe’s for all visitors
Beginning on Saturday, December 1 and lasting through the entire month of December, all visitors to Holiday KidsPlay will receive a coupon for a free kid’s meal at Moe’s, with purchase. The coupons are good at all eight area Moe’s restaurants, including the one conveniently located in Market Square.
What to expect at Holiday KidsPlay
Programming partners, including the Carnegie Science Center, Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, the Heinz History Center, and WQED, have worked together with the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership to provide a super-fun, engaging experience. Here is a sneak peek of what you can expect:
- The Children’s Museum’s Thank You Tree: Children can decorate a paper ornament in the shape of Mister Rogers’ iconic sweater with messages of friendship, thanks, and holiday wishes, then take it home or display it on the Thank You Tree.
- Stop by the Carnegie Science Center area to help Peg + Cat solve real-world problems using science and math!
- Destination Moon from the Heinz History Center will provide an out-of-this-world interactive experience with Daniel Tiger.
- Learn your agent badge number and pose for a picture at Odd Squad HQ, with games and take-home activities from WQED.
- Take a selfie with Peg and Cat or Daniel Tiger and his Neighborhood Trolley.
- Don’t miss your chance to sit on the official replica of Mister Rogers’ iconic bench, on loan from the Heinz History Center and only at Holiday KidsPlay!
- And kids won’t leave empty-handed! All young visitors will head home with coloring and activity pages plus info about apps and online games from Fred Rogers Productions and PBS KIDS!
- Plus: help others this holiday season by dropping off a new or gently used sweater during KidsPlay open hours as part of The Children’s Museum’s annual Mister Rogers Sweater Drive. All sweaters collected will be donated across the Pittsburgh community.