29th Annual History Makers Award Dinner
Jun 3, 2022 - Jun 3, 2022 | 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The Westin Pittsburgh
1000 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
The 2022 History Makers Award Dinner honorees are:
- Rocky Bleier (Leadership) – president, Rocky Bleier, Inc.; former NFL player; wounded Vietnam veteran; Bronze Star and Purple Heart recipient
- Martha Richards Conley (Law) – attorney at law; co-chair, Pennsylvanians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty
- The Broadhurst Family (Business & Community) – Eat’n Park Hospitality Group
- Brianne McLaughlin-Bittle (Sports) – Olympian, two-time silver medalist; McLaughlin Hockey; USA Hockey
- Luis von Ahn (Innovation & Technology) – CEO and co-founder, Duolingo
The History Center has honored more than 130 History Makers during the past 28 years, including Fred Rogers, Nadine Bognar, Thomas Starzl, Teresa Heinz, Jerome Bettis, George Romero, August Wilson, Franco Harris, Carol Semple Thompson, Alma Speed Fox, David McCullough, Mario Lemieux, and Michael Keaton.
Since 1879, the History Center – Western Pennsylvania’s oldest cultural institution – has been educating, engaging, and inspiring future generations by preserving and presenting American history with a Western Pennsylvania connection.