Valentine’s Day in Downtown
Downtown Pittsburgh is the place to celebrate Valentine’s Day! With store sales, unique dining experiences, and special events, don’t miss what’s happening.
#DowntownDarlings19 Photo Contest – now closed!
Hey, Downtown Darlings! Valentine’s Day is coming up and what better way to spend time with your sweetie than in Downtown Pittsburgh? Our annual Valentine’s Day photo contest returned, and we had some amazing prizes up for grabs.
You shared over 130 photos of how you spend time in Downtown with your darlings, and one lucky winner received a free stay at Hotel Monaco + breakfast for two at the Commoner; gift cards to Boutique la Passerelle, Steel City, Brooks Diamonds, and Joseph Orlando; a free visit to the Cat Loft at Colony Cafe; and sweet treats from Sinful Sweets = the best day ever.
Read the full details and contest rules at DowntownPittsburgh.com/DowntownDarlings.
Things to Do for Valentine’s Day
Downtown Pittsburgh is your place to be for Valentine’s Day weekend. Here are some of our top picks for spending your weekend in Downtown, and be sure to check back often as this list gets updated.
- Write a Handmade Love-Letter at Hotel Monaco
- Open daily all the month of February, stop by the Hotel Monaco lobby to write a hand-written love note to your Valentine (read more in The Incline)
- When: All February
- Where: Hotel Monaco
- YaJagoff! Valentine’s Day Game Show
- Join YaJagoff! and Arcade Comedy Theater + three of Pittsburgh’s most-loved couples for a live game show
- When: Friday, February 8 at 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Arcade Comedy Theater
- Valentine’s Day at PG&H
- Shop for your darlings with a jewelry trunk show on February 8, then enjoy handmade bouquets from Wild Flower Child + custom vases from local Pittsburgh makers
- When: Friday, February 8 & Wednesday, February 13 – Friday, February 15
- Where: PG&H
- Valentine’s Day Skate at PPG Place
- Skate under the stars with your sweets in an evening ice skating session hosted by Q92.9 FM
- When: February 14 from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Where: MassMutual Ice Skating Rink at PPG Place
- An Evening of Jazz with Yoko Suzuki: A Love Supreme
- Stop by City of Asylum for an intimate performance with selections from Coltrane’s A Love Supreme at a special Valentine’s Day Concert
- When: Thursday, February 14 at 7:00 p.m.
- Where: City of Asylum
- MAKEnight: My Snarky Valentine (21+)
- This classic MAKEnight is back for another year of snark! Follow your heart and join us for an evening of food, drink and amore. And sass. We provide the making, you decide if your valentine will be snarky or scandalous.
- When: Thursday, February 14 from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
- Puppy Love at Smallman Galley
- Stop by Smallman Galley and donate an item to Animal Friend’s Chow Wagon, which supports pet-owning families during challenging economic times, and receive a free drink or specialty Valentine’s Day cocktail
- When: Thursday, February 14 from 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Smallman Galley
- 21+ Night: Sex, Love, and Science
- Enjoy an adults-only evening at the Carnegie Science Center where the focus is on everything love and science (plus, you won’t have to fight with any 8th graders to play air hockey with a robot)
- When: Friday, February 15 at 6:00 p.m.
- Where: Carnegie Science Center
- History Uncorked: Out of This World
- Spend a night with your Valentine’s at the History Center’s #1 party for young professionals, featuring great food and drinks, live music, tarot readings, and more
- When: Friday, February 15 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Heinz History Center
- Il Tetto’s Rosé Soirée
- Celebrate the return of frozé with gift basket giveaways, a photobooth, rose cocktails, and more, with $1 of each drink benefitting the Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
- When: Saturday, February 16
- Where: Il Tetto
Specials, Sales, & More
- Healthy Ride PGH
- Boutique la Passerelle
- Experience 50% off all winter inventory just now through March to purchase the perfect Valentine’s Day outfit
- Brooks Diamonds
- Looking for the perfect jewelry gift? Swing by Brooks Diamonds in Pittsburgh’s Jewelry District, and read up on their suggested buys on their blog
- Fifth Avenue Place
- From candy and cards to glass pendants and dazzling photographs, simplify your shopping with a trip to Fifth Avenue Place
- Receive a free gift with any qualifying $25 retail purchase February 12 – 14 from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Health Club & Spa at Fairmont Pittsburgh
- Enjoy deals and specials on a rose-mantic massage for two or signature chocolate pedicure for you and your loved one
- Celebrate a full-body Valentine’s Day refresh with deals on couples massages, couples pedicures, and a partner yoga workshop
Valentine’s Day Eats
Spend your romantic weekend eating around Downtown:
- The Commoner
- Enjoy a romantic steak dinner for two and celebrate love with your sweetheart
- Experience a unique, multi-course tasting menu with an intimate view of the open kitchen at the chef’s table with a variety of seatings available February 14 through February 16
- Bluebird Kitchen
- Sweets are on the menu with special pastries, cookies, treats, and more on with unique Valentine’s Day specials
- Social House 7
- A romantic evening in an intimate dinner setting awaits with unique Asian-fusion selections
- Revel + Roost
- Enjoy a special Valentine’s Day menu with a three-course meal plus a complimentary photo booth to document your date night
- Nine on Nine
- From February 14 through February 16 enjoy a three-course prix fixe dinner for two
- Swing by this authentic Italian spot to enjoy a special Valentine’s Day cocktail menu for lovers and friends
Downtown Valentine’s Day Cards
Save these cards to send your valentine a reminder you love them as much as you love Downtown <3