FORT DUQUESNE BRIDGE LANE RESTRICTION WEDNESDAY MORNING, JANUARY 18, IN PITTSBURGH
Drainage repair work on the northbound (outbound) Fort Duquesne Bridge (I-279) in the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, will occur on Wednesday morning, January 18 weather permitting.
A single-lane lane restriction will occur on the northbound (outbound) upper deck of the Fort Duquesne Bridge from 4 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Wednesday. All ramps will remain open.
Crews from PennDOT will conduct drainage repairs on the bridge.
INBOUND FORT PITT TUNNEL WASHING WEDNESDAY NIGHT, JANUARY 18, IN PITTSBURGH
Washing activities in the inbound (eastbound) Fort Pitt Tunnel in the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, will occur Wednesday night, January 18.
A single-lane restriction will occur in the inbound (eastbound) tunnel from 10 p.m. Wednesday night to 5 a.m. Thursday morning as crews conduct washing operations.
LIBERTY BRIDGE LANE RESTRICTIONS MONDAY, JANUARY 9 – TUESDAY, JANUARY 31 IN PITTSBURGH
SECOND AVENUE AND PARKWAY EAST RESTRICTIONS WILL OCCUR
Lane restrictions on the Liberty Bridge (Route 3069) in the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, will continue today, Monday, January 9 weather permitting.
Single-lane restrictions will occur to allow surveying operations and the movement of material on the work platforms through Tuesday, January 31 in the following locations:
- Restrictions will occur daily from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. in each direction.
- Restrictions will occur daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. in each direction between Municipal Court Drive and Ross Street.
I-376 Parkway East
- Beginning on Wednesday night, January 11, restrictions will occur nightly from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. in both directions as needed between the Fort Duquesne Bridge and the Forbes Avenue/Oakland (Exit 72A) off-ramp.
Restrictions will not occur on the outbound Liberty Bridge and on the Parkway East until two hours after the end of any Penguins home game.
Additionally, the sidewalk on the bridge will remain closed. All pedestrian traffic will be detoured.
- From the closed stairwell at Ross Street and Second Avenue, cross Ross Street toward Grant Street
- Take Grant Street south toward Fort Pitt Boulevard
- Cross I-376 off-ramp and enter shared use pedestrian/bicycle Great Allegheny Passage
- Cross the Smithfield Street Bridge
- Turn left onto East Carson Street
- Cross East Carson Street to Arlington Avenue
- U-turn at the intersection of Arlington Avenue and PJ McCardle Roadway, crossing Arlington Avenue at the farthest approach, east of the McCardle Roadway.
- Follow Arlington Avenue back to the Liberty Bridge stairwell
- End detour
- Same detour in opposite direction
DRILLING BEGINS MONDAY, DECEMBER 19, ON RTE 885 IN PITTSBURGH AND CONTINUES THROUGH LATE JANUARY
Pavement drilling work on Route 885 in the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, will begin Monday, December 19 weather permitting.
Lane restrictions will occur in various locations on Route 885 between the Boulevard of the Allies and Bates Street intersection and the Greenfield Avenue and Second Avenue intersection. Restrictions will occur weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through late January.
STRIP DISTRICT TRAIL 15TH - 21ST STREETS CLOSED AUGUST 1 - SUMMER 2017
The Strip District segment will be closed from 11th to 21st street for construction starting Monday, August 1. Two construction projects will be under way -- Buncher will be performing a trail clean-up project from 11th to 16th street, and NRP will be working on sanitation pipes from 18th to 21st street. Buncher's project is scheduled to be completed in November, at which time the Trail will reopen from 11th to 15th street. The Trail from 15th to 21st street will remain closed until early summer 2017 for this portion of the NRP project.
ANDY WARHOL BRIDGE
Closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic through November 2017 as part of $25.4 million rehabilitation project. The Rachel Carson Bridge (9th Street) will be used as a detour. The detour also will reroute about 350 Port Authority buses a day to Carson, according to the Port Authority. The detoured routes will be routes 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17 and the O5.
CLOSURE OF OLIVER AVENUE FROM PARKING AUTHORITY GARAGE TO SMITHFIELD STREET BEGINS MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8
Due to the redevelopment of the former Saks Department site, on Monday, February 8, Oliver Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic from the PPA Garage to Smithfield Street. From the PPA Garage to Wood Street, Oliver Avenue will be converted to 2-way traffic so all traffic existing the garage will turn left towards Wood Street.
Port Authority notice to riders: Year long detour beginning Mon. 2/8/16, P12,P16, & P67 will not stop at Oliver/ William Penn Place outbound. Riders should go to Grant opp/Oliver
The HOV temporary waiver has been extended through January to allow vehicles with fewer than two occupants to use the tunnel during peak hours, alleviating possible congestion on other roads caused by the Liberty Bridge rehabilitation project. The Wabash Tunnel, which opened as a commuter tunnel in December 2004, provides a shortcut for motorists from Route 51 to the South Side and Downtown Pittsburgh.