Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood: A Grrr-ific Exhibit
Fri, Jun 24, 2016 – Tue, Jan 17, 2017 -
Venue: Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
Admission Info: Free Event
Event Category: Family Fun
External Link: Event Website
Now through January 17, 2017
Created by the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh in partnership with The Fred Rogers Company
Sing, explore and pretend with friends and family in some favorite places from Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Based on the award-winning PBS KIDS television series Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood,Daniel and his friends help young children navigate their world and parents guide their journey.
Try a new activity, share a memory and make some new ones on this beautiful day. Daniel and friends bring the wisdom and life lessons of Fred Rogers to a new generation.
Here are some of the activities you will encounter during your visit:
- Transform into your favorite characters and neighborhood helpers, such as a policeman and doctor, using costumes and hand-held face masks. See yourself sparkle in the Imagination Mirror and act out a scene on the Imagination Stage.
- Use a simple knitting machine to create a piece of a red sweater.
- Visit the Clock Factory where you can play with different kinds of clocks; work with others to make the clock tick.
- Express yourself using one-of-a-kind musical instruments.
- Write or draw a thank you note to someone who has done something special for you and share it on the Thank You Tree.
- Meet Daniel and all of his friends at the Neighborhood School. Make each friend move and say something special.
- Sort, deliver and receive mail and packages at the Neighborhood Post Office.
- Select a block and place it on the table to hear to Daniel sing a strategy song from the series.
Admission to this exhibit is included with Museum general admission.